TTLA Mission & Vision Statements
Protecting Texas Families Through Good Laws & Good Lawyers
Good Laws. Good Lawyers. Great Association.
- Legislative Advocacy: Advocate for laws and proposals that protect and strengthen the civil justice system and oppose measures that limit access to the courthouse or undermine the 7th Amendment right to trial by jury.
- Political Affairs: Foster political engagement.
- Grassroots Engagement: Increase member awareness of the issues and TTLA successes on their behalf.
- Judicial Advocacy/Amicus: Increase member engagement, opportunities and collaborate with the Amicus Committee.
- Practice Resources: Provide the resources necessary to support practice success and growth.
- Plaintiff Education: Plan and deliver plaintiff-focused seminars, cutting- edge CLE and the statewide bi-annual conference.
- Career Growth: Be a preeminent source for practice innovation and adaptation, networking with top lawyers, and facilitating local association connections and support.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Strive for diversity in all areas of TTLA. Emphasize a focus on inclusion of all members.
- Building/Capitol Location: Ensure that the TTLA building provides a permanent and prominent presence near the Capitol.
- Membership: Grow a united, engaged and diverse membership, including law students.
- Governance: Maintain dedicated and inspired leadership with ample opportunity for involvement.
- Staffing: Ensure support for an experienced and skilled professional staff.
- Community Outreach: Engage those outside the trial lawyer community to understand to role of the civil justice system and of trial lawyers.