2021 TTLA President-Elect
(for service as President in 2022)
Description of Responsibilities
As President-Elect in 2021:
- Serve as a voting member of the TTLA Executive Committee. EC meets every month of the year except July and August. Most meetings are in Austin, with the exception of the Midyear Conference and Annual Meeting, which move around the state from year to year.
- At the President’s direction, assist the President in carrying out duties of President
- Preside over meetings of the Board & Executive Committee in the absence of the President
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Association when necessary
As President in 2022:
- Chair the Executive Committee and the Board
- Direct the governance of the Association pursuant to policies of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Preside over meetings of the membership
- Appoint all committees and task forces of the Board and the Association
- Serve as chief spokesperson of the Association
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the organization
- Legislative Presidents volunteer an intense amount of time when the Legislature is in session, moving to Austin to serve as a volunteer member of the TTLA Legislative Team.
- TTLA Presidents are responsible for their board dues obligation.
- Manage the CEO and COPA on behalf of the Board of Directors.