TTLA Board of Directors
Description of Responsibilities:
- Set the strategic direction of the organization, approve volunteer management teams and adopt a budget necessary to accomplish the organization’s mission.
- Govern the organization’s membership, from membership categories, dues levels and membership benefits to adoption of association policies and procedures and adhere to the fiduciary duties placed upon Directors of Care, Loyalty, Confidentiality, and Obedience.
- Elect the Executive Committee members who represent the Board and carry out governance and oversight responsibilities between board meetings.
- Board members are required to PAY or RAISE Director dues in the amount of $5,000. Fulfillment deadline is October 1. Board members will be asked to provide a credit card number upon election. This card will be held on file while all Board members work to raise their board dues. Notice of the anticipated October 1 balance will be sent on September 1.
- Attend two Regular Board meetings: Midyear Conference which is typically held in June, and the Annual Board/Membership Meeting held in November. These meetings are held in different Texas cities each year.
- Complete TTLA’s Conflict of Interest Form and review TTLA’s IRS Form 990 Annually.