Just the Facts
The Center for Justice and Democracy has just added a permanent new feature on their website named "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions). You will find quick answers to such common questions as: what is "tort reform"; do lawyers file "frivolous" lawsuits; do jury awards come out of my pocket; and what about that McDonald's coffee case, anyway? Learn more.
Jury Verdicts are Consistent and Conservative, June 2010. Learn more.
Asbestos Cases Are NOT Overwhelming US Courts, June 2010. Learn more.
The Truth About Medical Malpractice Litigation, June 2010. Learn more.
Facts About Civil Litigation in the US, June 2010. Learn more.
Punitive Damages Rare, Reasonable and Effective, June 2010. Learn more.
- , Center for Justice & Democracy
- American Association for Justice
- About the Civil Justice System, American Association for Justice
- How Insurance Companies Deny, Delay, Confuse and Refuse, American Association of Justice Report 2008
Archive of columns designed to help keep consumers informed about important issues facing Texas families. Topics range from toy and playground safety, to the state of our healthcare system.
- A listing of advocacy, consumer and legal groups that offer additional material on the importance of a strong civil justice system. Access here.