Being a lawyer means more than courtroom advocacy. Whether it is navigating a case, the office, the courtroom or the Capitol, our members want and need skills and tools to give them an edge.
The TTLA Advocates Committee Board of Directors is proud to announce a program to help attorneys build these key leadership skills and capabilities.
Centered around the key areas of Leadership, Execution, Accountability and Development, the LEAD Academy is not technical, legal or legislative training. Rather, it is designed to help members become leaders within their firm, TTLA, other legal associations and our communities.
Our long-term plan is for the LEAD Academy to be conducted face to face and in person during multiple sessions over the course of a calendar year. However, during these uncertain times, we are moving forward with an inaugural ‘pilot’ which will follow a compressed schedule comprised of a mix of in person and virtual sessions.
- Limited to 10 participants for the 2021 pilot year.
- Enrollment increased to 15 participants in 2022 and beyond.
- 5 people will be wait-listed if a selected participant drops out.
- Must be in good standing with State Bar of Texas and TTLA
- No minimum or maximum age, practice time, or TTLA membership level requirement
- Applications available on TTLA website April 30 at 10am.
- Selections made from first 50 applicants.
- Completed applications must be electronically submitted no later than May 14
- While not required, letters of recommendation are encouraged.
Important Dates for 2021:
- April 30: Application process opens @ 10am CST
- May 14: Application deadline @ 5pm CST
- June 10: Participant selections announced
- June 25: 1 hour kickoff (virtual)
- July 23: Session #1 (virtual)
- August 26-27: Session #2 in Dallas
- November 3: Session #3 at Hyatt Hill Country
*Note: All locations and dates are subject to change
- Emotional intelligence
- Diversity and inclusion
- Strategic planning
- Change management
- Influencing others
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- $500 per participant
- Travel, lodging and expenses are at the participant’s own expense
- All CDC guidelines will be followed
- Specific details will be announced prior to each in person session